Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I've been moody at my job lately. My "manager" has been pissing me off. The lack of staff has been pissing me off. The overtime I've been working has been pissing me off. I feel like I am being treated like a little kid. I try to schedule my time around my work, I have my specific work that I do every month, I have my clients that I keep in touch with and do things for without reporting to Joyce or Steve what I'm doing for them because Steve has encouraged me to be proactive, and stay on top of my clients without having to be told what to do or whatever, but its kind of hard to do with Joyce constantly breathing down my neck. "what are you working on? When are you going to do this? Will you have time to do this soon?" No, F you, go away, I will do what I want when I want, I'm an adult and have been working here for 6 years!
I got to work today, walked into the kitchen to put my lunch in the fridge, Joyce followed me in, "Whats up for today?"  and I say "I have no idea, I haven't sat down yet" take a hint lady and leave me the fuck alone. Then she asks me to send her something, which she could easily get herself, so as I am getting it for her she sends me an email reminding me to send it to her... are you fucking kidding me, you think I forgot in the three minutes it took me to boot up my computer.
Last week I gave her something to review on the day it was due. I asked her to please review the numbers and fax to the number on the first page.
The next day she tells me that we need to start using the work in progress spreadsheet again so something like that doesn't fall through the cracks, I explained that it was in an envelope with the regular monthly bingo stuff that I hadn't opened and the client called and asked the status on it so I found it and did it real quick, had absolutely nothing to do with me "forgetting" to do it, she wants to have absolute control over what I do and what I work on, it makes me crazy. She is not technically my manager, she is tax manager, I work for Steve, not her.
I don't know how I'm going to survive another tax season.

No comments:

Post a Comment